1. BackBox Linux is a penetration testing and security assessment oriented Linux distribution providing a network and systems analysis toolkit. It includes some of the most commonly known/used security and analysis tools, aiming for a wide spread of goals, ranging from web application analysis to network analysis, stress tests, sniffing, vulnerability assessment, computer forensic analysis, automotive and exploitation. It has been built on Ubuntu core system yet fully customized, designed to be one of the best Penetration testing and security distribution and more.
2. The BackBox Team has recently announced the updated release of BackBox Linux, the version 4.5!.In this release few special new features have been included to keep BackBox up to date with last developments in security world. Tools such as OpenVAS and Automotive Analysis will make a big difference. BackBox 4.5 comes also with Kernel 4.2.The ISO images (32bit & 64bit) can be downloaded from the following location: http://www.backbox.org/downloads.
3. The post gives u an overall view of running live image with screen shots as seen whilst installing in Virtual Box.
Drop downs with menu offered seen in below screen shots :
- Preinstalled Linux Kernel 4.2
- System improvements
- Upstream components
- Bug corrections
- Performance boost
- Improved Anonymous mode
- Predisposition to BackBox Cloud platform
- New and updated hacking tools: wpscan, knockpy, nmap, zaproxy, set, guymanager, sqlmap, apktool, hashcat, can-utils, binwalk, openvas, phishing-frenzy, etc.
- 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 512 MB of system memory (RAM)
- 10 GB of disk space for installation
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- DVD-ROM drive or USB port (2 GB)