1. We keep using so many OS's around in office,at home...some times windows...or a flavour of linux..UBUNTU..or the latest i touched upon was the upgraded BOSS..but was not aware that even OS have a classification.The classification is defined by Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria (TCSEC), a United States Government Department of Defense (DoD) standard that sets basic requirements for assessing the effectiveness of computer security controls built into a computer system.
2. TCSEC classifies any OS under 4 categories :
3. Few more things about the classication in point wise form :
- A has the highest security.
- C, B and A are further classified as : C1, C2, B1, B2, B3 and A1.
- D defines Minimal protection
- C1 — Discretionary Security Protection
- C2 — Controlled Access Protection
- B1 — Labeled Security Protection
- B2 — Structured Protection
- B3 — Security Domains
- A1 — Verified Design
4. Thanks https://en.wikipedia.org