1. Unlike the regular IT hacks wherein we keep seeing MAC spoofing,IP spoofing etc....what can one imagine if a GPS is spoofed.....:-)...can it make a plane land at a wrong coordinate?...YES!!!if it goes by the claims of a Iranian.
2. A US stealth drone was captured by spoofing its GPS coordinates, a hack that tricked the bird into landing in Iranian territory instead of where it was programmed to touch down...Phew..i bet u will read that again(Source :http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/12/15/us_spy_drone_gps_spoofing/ )
3. The 1700-word article cited an unnamed Iranian engineer who said he's studying the inner workings of the American bat-wing RQ-170 Sentinel that recently went missing over Iranian airspace. He said the spoofing technique made the craft “land on its own where we wanted it to, without having to crack the remote-control signals and communications” from the US control center.(Source :http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/12/15/us_spy_drone_gps_spoofing/ )
4. Thats hell of a HACK...if it actually is!!!!!!salutes to the guy who could do it in real....now i wonder what all could land at forbidden places if it is really possible.....:-)
5. Thanks http://www.theregister.co.uk